Welcome to the BUPC (Baha’is Under the Provision of the Covenant) website of the UK.
We are a small Baha’i community in the UK who believe in Baha’u’llah and the twelve basic principles of his faith. We believe in an unbroken line of guardians in the descendants of Baha’u’llah since the time of Shoghi Effendi, the first guardian of the Baha’i Faith. These guardians function as the presidents of the Universal House of Justice of Baha’u’llah. Unlike the majority of the Baha’is who affiliate themselves with the institution known as the Universal House of Justice in Haifa Israel, we believe that the true Universal House of Justice is in the Rocky Mountains of the USA. It’s president is Neal Chase Ben Joseph Aghsan, who is the great grandson of Abdu’l-Baha. We believe this institution is the original institution which was founded by the fist guardian of the Baha’i Faith, Shoghi Effendi, in the Holy Land, in 1951.
The essence of the revelation of Baha’u’llah is the oneness of mankind and it is based on twelve basic principles:
- The Oneness of Humanity
- Independent, Unfettered Investigation of the Truth
- Religion is Progressive, All having a Common Foundation
- Religion must be the Source of Unity
- True Science and True Religion must Correspond
- The Equality of Men and Women
- Removal of all Prejudice
- Universal Peace upheld by a Spiritual World Government
- Universal Compulsory Education
- A Spiritual Solution to the Economic Problem
- A Universal Auxiliary Language
- Universal House of Justice with the Davidic King
We believe that anybody who accepts Baha’u’llah and the twelve basic principles is a Baha’i and we welcome them to join us to further the message of Baha’u’llah. We hope that you will find the information presented on this website useful and interesting. Please let us know if we could be of any help.